ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY?
Yes. I have practiced for over 25 years and conducted numerous jury and court trials and settled hundreds of cases
in mediation or arbitration. I have won plaintiff jury awards up to $2,800,000 and I have saved defendant clients from trial
claims in the millions of dollars.
DO YOU OFFER FREE CONSULTATIONS?
please contact me to set up a convenient time to discuss, in person or over the phone, questions you may have regarding your
situation. There is no fee for the consultation.
WHAT ARE YOUR RATES?
my low overhead as a solo, I am able to provide services for a significantly lower fee than other law firms: my rate is generally
As a sole practitioner I am able to provide efficient,
innovative, aggressive, and personal attention, while offering a rate that beats any other qualified firm.
WHAT IS YOUR EDUCATIONAL
I graduated from Hastings College of the Law in 1988
with a Juris Doctor degree; I received a Moot Court brief award and was active in the Environmental Law Society and in student
government. I focused on contracts, environmental law, public policy, and mediation.
I graduated cum laude from Occidental College in 1984 (no, I didn’t know Obama) with a BA, having majored in
Rhetoric and minored in Philosophy and English, studied statistics, and worked as an instructor to Wards of the Court.
WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSIONAL
Law Office of J. Michael Pisias San Francisco; 2001-2009
Civil litigation practice concerning surety, contract analysis, and construction law.
- Represented both corporations and individuals in complex multi-party
cases, including those concerning public works.
- Lead counsel for administrative hearings, mediations, arbitrations, motion hearings, court trials, jury trials, and appeals, in state and federal courts.
- Performed advice work, risk analysis, motion and brief writing, administrative applications.
- Reviewed and prepared competitive bidding processes and drafted complex contractual agreements; reviewed RFQs, RFPs, RFIs, change orders, and work orders.
- Cases often involved surety bonds; contract analysis of coverage issues; construction management issues; construction requirements; private construction litigation; and
review and analysis of regulatory/legislative requirements.
- Responsible for all litigation direction and execution, and management of case scheduling.
- Practice in California state and federal courts.
Law Office of Timothy Jaress San Francisco; 1990 to 2000
Civil litigation practice concerning plaintiff-oriented environmental and commercial
- Lead counsel for mediations, arbitrations, jury trials,
- Extensive involvement in complex large-scale environmental
actions. Organized large numbers of co-counsel and acted as recording
secretary for Executive Committee of counsel.
- Performed field
interviews and researched legal, factual, and technical issues.
In charge of the firm's hiring and administration of team of attorneys and paralegals.
- Created databases for input and analysis of data regarding thousands of plaintiffs; prepared reports for administrators and courts.
- Independently developed and controlled client files from interviews through entire litigation.
Center for Auto Safety; Washington D.C.; 1989 to 1990
- Researched legal issues and assembled data regarding various safety regulations.
Judicial Extern for Federal Judge Robert M. Takasugi in the Central
District of Calfornia.
WHAT ARE YOUR PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS?
Long-time (over 15 years) San Francisco Superior Court Judge Pro Tem, conducting settlement conferences and trials in small
- Member of the American Bar Association Comm. on
Environment, Energy, and Resources.
- Vice President of the Golden
Gate Electric Vehicle Association.
- Officer and Director of the
Planning Association for the Richmond, San Francisco’s largest neighborhood organization.
- Active member of numerous San Francisco neighborhood organizations, including Coalition to Save
Ocean Beach, Friends of Sutro Park, and Friends of Lands End.